How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Binghamton smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your security system as it connects your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a single united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in complete command of your Binghamton home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it can benefit you and find suggestions to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Binghamton benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to components through radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can arm or disarm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you may even speak to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular functionality and a battery backup for added reliability. It also gives you complete remote operation through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- View real-time or recorded footage from any linked surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Binghamton by programming schedules or creating rules. For example, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your entrances unlock when the smoke detector goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just adhere to these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in the home and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and all sensors in the home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll observe a notification if something is blocking the system from arming. For example, an open door will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the system by using the steps above. You will then have to verify that you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Binghamton
Although various users can be set up during the initial installation, you may want to add an additional user in the future. Here’s how to do it.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote capability, choose email or phone and submit the info to send an invite.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, simply go to the menu, press users, select the user you wish to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Binghamton home security system. Contact (607) 600-9610 to get started.